Newborn portrait sessions are photo shoots that take place within the first two weeks of your newborn's life. Newborns change quickly and the first days provide a unique opportunity to pose and photograph your infant in peaceful, natural ways that are no longer possible after this small window of time. Newborn sessions with Tamsin Photography take place in a studio setting complete with studio lighting, backdrops, professional posing equipment, props and accessories. Parents do not need to being props, clothing or accessories to the shoot as the scenes will be professionally styled for each newborn before the session. A heater and white noise machine allow for a soothing environment in which babies are peacefully posed and photographed using newborn flow posing techniques. The sessions last approximately three hours to provide frequent breaks for feeding and clean-up between poses.
Within three weeks clients are provided with an online gallery of 20 artistically edited, high resolution images in both color and black and white, for a total of 40 images. Image release is included in the total package cost. There is no obligation to purchase print products from Tamsin Photography, (but we are here to help if you choose to)! Your edited images are included in the session price- there are no surprises or selling sessions.
To book your session please contact Tamsin Photography during your pregnancy to set up a tentative appointment within two weeks of your due date. Once your baby is born we will communicate to move the session forward or back accordingly to ensure that your session takes place within the first fourteen days of life.
Planning ahead? Not sure when to schedule other photo sessions for your baby within the first year? Click here for tips and what to expect with each new stage as your baby grows!
All newborn sessions take place in our newborn studio in Melbourne, Florida. Due to the amount of equipment involved in full newborn portrait sessions we do not provide in-home newborn photography sessions.
Use this LINK to our Newborn Portrait Session Preparation Guide for parents!
Tips for a successful newborn photo shoot:
- It is important that your little one is feeding well before we shoot together. In the event that your milk has not come in yet, and you are not supplementing with formula, we may need to push your session back a few days to ensure that your little one is content and able to be photographed successfully. This is okay! Let me know if you believe that this applies to you.
- Bring all items that you will need to feed and soothe your baby for at least three hours (extra breast milk and/or formula, bottles, bottle liners if needed, nipple shields, pacifiers, blankets, etc)
- Bring wipes and any other supplies to keep your baby clean during the session
- Parents are encouraged to wear cool and comfortable clothing as the room is heated to keep newborns cozy and warm (please bring your own family portrait clothing with you so that we can keep it clean before your portraits as newborns will be without diapers during their shoot and things can get a little messy!)
- Please bring any drinks and snacks that you will need for yourself during the session
- There is a limit of two adults per newborn during the first two hour posed newborn portion of the sessions. Thank you for your cooperation.
- For family portraits over four please let the photographer know in advance for backdrop planning purposes
- Please bring older siblings to the session in the last 45 minutes for their portraits together as there is nowhere for them to play during the posed newborn images and we need a peaceful environment to make the magic happen!